History of the Beech Tree

 

 

 

The building was originally two cottages owned by the railway, probably built for the Blane Valler Railway, which opened in 1866 from Lennoxtown originally terminated at “Killearn Station”, later renamed Dumgoyne. The line was later extended & linked with lines to Aberfoyle, Stirling & Balloch, before being closed to passengers in 1951. It was then a grocers/newsagents in the 1940’s, and thereafter private residence with adjacent antique shop in 1974/75. It was then converted to a bar/restaurant by the Gibb Family in 1976 with further additions in the 1980’s. Today┬áit is an independently owned small business

 

Over the past 10 years we have changed a lot at the Beech Tree, so here are some before & after photos & videos

10 years on - conservatory

 

10 years on - garden